Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Medical Arts Building-Hot Springs

This afternoon I went with some guys to the Med Arts Building in Hot Springs. Unfortunately, my camera was low on batteries and died before I could get any good shots. We are planning on heading back sometime so I can get some pictures. It is the tallest building in downtown Hot Springs and located right across from the Arlington Hotel.

Anyways once we got in, we started looking around and there is stuff EVERYWHERE. There were all kinds of wheelchairs and other old stuff. We explored a little around on the floor we came in on (which ended up being the third) then we thought we had set off an alarm and left just in case. We went down a trail we had found and were able to gain access into another building that had a really amazing Victorian style garden that was overgrown behind it. Unfortunately this building had been entered many times before and vandals had tagged up most of the building.

Eventually, we decided enough time had passed and we went back to enter the Med. Art Building. This time we were determined to make it to the top floor. We entered again on the third floor and started to make our way up. We stopped on several floors and there was something interesting on every one. We finally made it up the 16 floors up to the roof and were able to climb out on top. What an AMAZING view!

My only regret is that the guys who took me were very destructive and ended up breaking several objects in the building. Needless to say, I won't be going with them again.

Anyways, I thought I'd share that with you guys. Hope you enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sound really cool, yeah please post some pics of that location when you get 'em. And slap the shit out of those fools for breaking stuff.

-redox